Tuesday, April 15, 2008

shoeson, hair pretties, and talking on the phone



I've decided I'm really bad at the whole blogging thing, but I think I will get better as time goes on. I always forget to take my camera when we go do fun things and I kind of figure no one wants to look unless there are pictures to look at. But since this might be my best attempt at keeping a journal, I figure I better keep trying.
So, as Ruby gets older and older and talks more and more, it's funny to me all the things she says. She is constantly cracking me up! She loves to talk on the phone and it makes me realize what I must say a lot on the phone, because she will get my phone and hold it to her ear with her shoulder and just ramble on and on. A few examples that I've heard her say recently are "sooo.......... uh-huh....... anyway, see ya yater (later)..." I must run my words together too, because Ruby thinks a lot of things have a lot longer names than they really do. For example, shoes are shoeson (because I always ask her to put her shoes on), bibs are bibons, pants are pantson, diapers are diaperchange (when she needs a new diaper, she always asks for a new diaperchange), etc. It's funny the things we don't think about because we have spoken english since we can remember.
As for Ruby's hair pretties, anyone looking at this blog can tell that my daughter has some pretty out of control hair. It is incredibly curly and she always asks for "hair pitties" (pretties) but within a few minutes she has usually pulled them out. I included a couple of pictures to see the before and after picture. I love all her curls, especially when her hair is done, but probably 90% of the time it looks like the afro in the top picture. She is such a sweetheart, afro or not!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha ha...that's really funny. She is so cute.

Dani said...

She is looking more like Savannah to me. I can tell they are related. And I love that you are updating the blog. So much fun.