Monday, April 21, 2008

New Room

Isn't he HANDSOME!?!
My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and we were originally planning on going to Salt Lake to eat at our favorite sushi joint, and have a day out, but I decided if Jake was taking the day off (he doesn't get too many of those) I wanted him to work on our room. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am the queen of procrastination (NOT something to be proud of) and I work better under pressure. So we decided about a week before we were having new bedroom furniture delivered that we should put up some faux paneling, or maybe I should say we decided that Jake should put up some faux paneling. Anyway, poor Jake, I worked him hard ALL weekend to get it finished in time. Literally, he really DID have to BEG me to go to bed at
1:30 am instead of doing one more coat of paint. Anyway, I hated the lime green paint color when we first put it on, and was convinced that I was going to pay someone to come and repaint it, but after we got our bedding and I saw how good it looked together, I love it!! So, thank you honey for the new room, it looks awesome, and I thought it was a great birthday present! I love you lots and lots!!!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE your new room, especially the color!!! It looks great and Jake did an awesome job. When is he available to come up and do ours?

Tiffy Ann said...

Hi Krystal!!! Someday we will have to have a get together at your house, so I can finally see it! Hope everything is going well.

Jared Woolstenhulme said...

That looks great! What a good guy. Your kids are getting big too! They are dang cute though :)

Tiffany Fackrell said...

OH man, I LOVE your room. It is super nice! I can't wait to get out of an apartment and into a real house!! And finally paint the walls!

It is nice to see some pictures of Jake!! I am surprised he let you take them, most of the ones I have of him his hands are covering his face!!!

Your kiddos are ADORABLE! I am in love with ruby's hair!!

John and Margaret said...

The room really is terrific! TEll Jake that is looks so good, I am surprised he hasn't suggested the faux paneling for our living room!! (yuk yuk) You are a great mom....love the baking pictures, too!

Lindsay said...

I love this post for a number of reasons:
1-the room looks great
2-I am impressed with Jakes skills
3-cute bedding
4-You, procrastinate--NEVER! I seem to remember you falling asleep on the floor (at Kensington)using a book as a pillow--this was always the night before a big test. I would really like to ask your husband some questions like:
-do you have to carry Krystal to bed a lot?

-does Krystal ever fall asleep while you are in the middle of a conversation?

Sarah said...

Excellent! I love the room and i think it was a great thing to ask for your birthday! You two did a great job!