Saturday, November 1, 2008

Successful Halloween!

Princess Dorothy herself
The whole crew



I'm usually really boring and never dress up for Halloween, so I decided to change that this year and we decided to all dress up like the Wizard of Oz characters.  I figured I'd better do it soon since each year I have less and less say in what Ruby is for Halloween, so here you have it.  We told Ruby all month long that she was going to be "Princess Dorothy" for Halloween because I was afraid she would have a tantrum thinking she had to be something besides a princess...and I must say it worked well!  In fact, I think she's the cutest "Princess Dorothy" I've ever seen.  And the Tin Man, well, I KNOW I've never seen a better looking Tin Man.  I wish the picture showed his legs and feet, we made his legs out of flexible vent ducts and they looked pretty good.  I'd like to think that we'll all dress up again next year because it was a blast but we'll have to see...it was a lot of work!!  I guess if I wouldn't wait till Halloween morning to put them together, it wouldn't be so bad.  Oh, by the way, we even won the award for the overall best costume and third place for our chili in the chili cook off at the ward party.  Happy Halloween everyone!!!

12 comments:

Libby said...

Oh my goodness! What a cute little family. I wish I could convince James to dress up. I would look really silly dressed up all by myself!

Tiffy Ann said...

So fun. I think everyone was thinking that Wizard of Oz would be a good theme for this year. You guys look so cute.

Marilou said...

So cute!

Dani said...

So cute.

Sarah said...

You guys looks so great!!

callred said...

That is the best tin man I have ever seen I love your costumes!

Angie said...

We love the costumes!! You all look so cute! We can't wait to come up and see you guys. The boys need some serious play time with other kids!!

Liz said...

Such cute costumes. I wish I could have seen you guys.

Joe and Heidi said...

I love it. You did a great job. Princess dorthy you look beautiful.

Lindsay said...

I am VERY impressed! Are we ever going to see each other again? I think we should!

Nate and Heidi said...

I love the costumes! Every little girl just has to be a princess. My niece tells her mom that her name is not Abby, it is Cinderella and she is only 2 1/2!

Joe and Heidi said...

"Oh where Oh where has Krystal gone." You know it is the middle of January. HA jk