Friday, October 3, 2008

First Haircut

Before the first haircut
She wasn't super thrilled at the thought of getting a haircut...
but I guess when your're two, a sucker can fix almost anything!
The after pictures
So it's probably pitiful that Ruby is over two and a half, and she just got her first haircut yesterday, but I couldn't imagine cutting off all of her cute curls.  I guess I shouldn't have been worried, because there are still plenty of curls left!!  We have been talking for the last few days about getting a haircut (hoping to make it really fun and exciting and something to look forward to :)) and Ruby seemed really excited about it until we got there.  You can tell from the picture right before we started that she wasn't too happy about the idea, but luckily I brought plenty of suckers and a portable DVD player with Finding Nemo.  Once she started cutting her hair, it was like she didn't even notice.  She got about 5 inches cut off, who knew she had so much hair!  Anyway, in my opinion, the wait was worth it, thanks for the cute haircut Dianna!

6 comments:

Marilou said...

I wouldn't call that pitiful...Ali will be 3 in a couple of weeks and I haven't had her hair cut...I don't know if I can do it because I think her curls will be gone after :( Oh well.

Libby said...

Ruby has way more hair than Elise does and Elise is almost 4. But I have cut Elise's hair many many times because the back keeps growing and the top doesn't grow at all! She would have some mulet if I didn't cut it before now! I love Ruby's curls. They are so adorable and beautiful.

I hope you had a fun girls weekend!

Tiffy Ann said...

She is such a cutie! I love her hair and the cut looks way cute. I hope that things are going good for you.

alisha peterson said...

Ruby's haircut is so cute. She is just so adorable.

Moffett Manor said...

Ruby you look so pretty. I am proud of you, new things can sometimes be scary but you did such a good job. I am excited to see it in person as soon as possible. I love you- Aunt Mel

Dani said...

Isabel had her first haircut right before she went back to school. It was hard to see it go so I understand. Glad to see you posted. I am surprised I even checked your blog. (J/k)