Jake and his mission companion, Timothy Canham
Our trip to temple square with Hiromi
Savannah, Ruby, and Jake taking a spin on the go-cart
Jersie, Ruby, and Connor at Thanksgiving Point.
This week was a fun filled week at our house. Last week Jake had a work trip to Atlanta, and while he was there one of his mission companions was also there visiting his mother-in-law, so Jake got to see him a little bit. Then last Saturday, the 3rd of May, we went to the airport to pick up a friend of mine from Japan, Hiromi. We got to play all week while she was here and had a lot of fun. We went to temple square, went shopping, went to the petting zoo at thanksgiving point, went to Leamington to ride go-carts, etc. etc. My house had seriously suffered from the week full of fun, but it was definately worth it! Before Hiromi came, I tried to prepare Ruby by speaking Japanese to her now and then, but every time I did, Ruby would get soooooo mad at me, because she couldn't understand what I was saying. It made me nervous for this week, because I thought Ruby would be grumpy all week with us speaking Japanese, but it turns out, she LOVED having Hiromi here. I'm sure it helped that Hiromi brought her toys, and played with her a lot, and it was cute because she was pretty sad when Hiromi left. It was fun for me to watch them play together and communicate together, and it didn't even matter that they don't speak the same language. By the end of the week, we even got Ruby to say her name, only it didn't sound like Hiromi, it sounded like Hoaneemoanee. Two-year-olds are the best!!! Well, we were sad to see the week come to a close, but I must say, it was so good for me, not only to see a good friend who I hadn't seen for a long time, but also to be reminded of how important family and friends are. She reminded me over and over of how much our Heavenly Father loves us and knows us, and especially of what a wonderful family I have been blessed with. I wouldn't trade my Big Jake, Ruby, and Little Jake for ANYTHING!! Thanks to my family and Hiromi for such a fun week!!!

4 comments:
OH man that go cart looks like a TON of FUN! makes me want to come visit and take a trip to leamington!!! (I have driven past the one stop light in that little town!!! Maybe there were more, I just remember it was really little, ha)!
I love when Old friends come and visit!! That is awesome that you speak japanese, my grandma had a japanese exchange student and super long time ago that still keeps in touch with the family and they alwasy bring tons of gifts when they come and visit! And we always tried to learn as much japanese we could before they came, too funny!! My sis is going to japan this summer, I am jealous!
By the way, Jorden told me to tell Jake hello!! And that she is getting married in October!!!
sorry super long comment!
How fun! I bet you loved being able to speak Japanese with someone! Happy mother's day Krystal!
Wow!! I am so impressed! If I knew I would be speaking Chinese for a whole week I would probably have a breakdown...I don't know if I could do it. I bet it was so nice to use it again. Is she someone you taught? Thats sounds like a lot of fun.
Hey Krystal thanks for letting me and my kids tag along with you at the petting zoo. It was alot of fun.
Post a Comment