Miles as a 1 year old!!
Jakers, Jersie, Miles, Ruby, and Savannah
I can't believe my baby is one already!! It seems like the time goes faster with each child, and I feel bad because he has hardly any pictures of himself in the last year. I'm almost a month late posting this, but we did have a little birthday celebration for him. I decided to make him a monkey cake entirely because he requested it. How, you may wonder, does a barely one year old request a monkey birthday cake? Well, this is what happened. It was the morning of his birthday, and Jacob asked me if we were going to bake him a birthday cake. I responded that we would and asked Jacob what kind of cake he thinks Miles would like.
Jacob: "I think he would like another tractor cake." This of course is not because Miles has ever had a tractor cake, but because that was Jacob's last cake. This started our conversation with Miles which went something like this:
Me (to Miles): "Do you want a tractor cake for your birthday?"
Miles: shakes his head no and says "uh-uh"
Me: "Do you want a car cake for your birthday?"
Miles: shakes his head no
Jacob: "Do you want a truck cake for your birthday?"
Miles: shakes his head no and says "uh-uh"
Me: "Do you want an elephant cake for your birthday?"
Miles: shakes his head no and says "uh-uh"
Me: "Do you want a monkey cake for your birthday?"
Miles: shakes his head yes and says "uh-HUH"
So I made him a monkey cake. Could it be possible that my one year old actually knew what in the world he was talking about? Probably not, in fact, I'm quite certain that he had no idea what a monkey cake was, but nonetheless, I was pretty impressed that his head nodding and his words actually matched up.
Miles is at such a fun age. He is getting quite the personality and is at the age where you don't understand ANYTHING, but yet you can have complete conversations with him. He LOVES his siblings, and when I go to get him out of his crib after a nap, as soon as I pick him up he is looking over my shoulder and out the door to see where Ruby and Jacob are. He is still not walking, but I think within the next couple of weeks he will at least be taking steps. At his one year check up he was 19 lbs. 5 oz. and although that is not very big, he is actually coming UP the percentage scale. If I remember right, his height was around 18% and weight was 5 or 6%. His first word was pid-a-bil (peek-a-boo). He loves to put toys inside of other toys, or any opening he can find, and while I am getting ready for the day most mornings, he is busy throwing anything he can find and lift into the bathtub. He likes to sing, and the last couple of weeks especially, as soon as we walk into church, he starts singing along to the music. We are counting down until nursery time at church, because either Jake or I are usually out in the hall wandering with him for the last two hours at church. The two things that I can safely safely say he HATES are diaper changes, and shoes. He starts out almost every day with shoes and socks on, but they literally last maybe twenty seconds. He squirms and screams through every diaper change, but almost every other part of the day, he is the happiest kid you'll ever meet.
We are grateful for Miles in our home, and love him so much!! Happy Birthday buddy!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Miles. Your cake is cute Krystal-good job.
he's so big now, i almost thought he was jake! that cake is sooo cute too.
Post a Comment