"Please bless Japan, and the people in Japan. Please bless all the people who are dead that they will get better."
When Ruby said this in her prayer, it really struck me. Although it's obvious that it is the prayer of a five year old, I thought it was a sincere and sweet prayer. She has asked me lots of questions about Japan since the earthquake/tsunami, and it amazes me how much she picks up on and her genuine concern for these people she doesn't even know. I think it also struck me because I served my mission in Tokyo and the people of Japan mean a lot to me. It sounds like the people who I knew are probably all ok, but it still makes me sad to think of all those hurting people. I pray that things will improve in Japan soon, and that the people will know that God loves them. We have been so blessed and sometimes it takes some big disaster to remember and realize that all the material things in this life don't really matter. Our families and friends are what do matter.

5 comments:
I'm thinking that they are all right now. She is a cutie!
Love it! Kids are the best.
So sweet and tender! I hope her prayer are answered :) Well the parts that can be.
So sweet.
I've actually been thinking of you since the Japan earthquake. That is a very sweet prayer!!!
I don't know why I didn't realize you are in Provo!! I am so excited! Yeah...another friend!! That is the best news I've heard all day.
Post a Comment