I received this sweet rock thing for finishing 2nd in my age group and the other is my finisher's medal
Before (It was FREEZING COLD!!)
After
So after years of wanting to run a marathon I decided I better do it before I get any more out of shape, and I have to say, it felt GREAT! Don't get me wrong, it was one of the hardest things I've ever done, and there were times it really hurt (especially the next day!) but what an awesome feeling to run across the finish line after 26.2 miles and see your family there waiting and cheering you on. It took me 4 hours and 56 minutes, which pretty much means I'm not very fast, but it also left me feeling excited for my next one.
After the marathon, we headed on to San Diego to spend a week visiting Jennie and Ben's family and we had lots of fun there too, so stay tuned for more pictures of the trip (I promise)

12 comments:
WOW!!! I can honestly say that I will never run a marathon...maybe swim one, but never run one. WAY TO GO!!!
Yay!! It's so exciting! And that knee brace is really hot!
Oh my goodness!!! congrats little Shizzz! You go girl! We just missed you at Jennie's and Ben's. Hope you had a good time like we did. Come visit sometime soon!
WOW!!! Congratulations Krystal!! You are super woman! That's so awesome, I think that is such a great accomplishment! Must make you feel sooo so good. And it looks like you had beautiful scenery too, that's sweet! Way to go, keep up the running!
YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Congrats. That is something that I will never do in this life. :) Keep up the good running! Hope you guys are doing great.
Krystal you are my hero!! i Have always wanted to run a marathon but i just don't think i could hack it. you seriously rock!
We are SOOOO proud of you!! It was such fun watching you reach such a challenging goal!! John thinks we can still salvage the photos and video so keep your fingers crossed!
Good for you! I could never do that. Glad to see an update!
Wow, way to go Krystal! That is so awesome! Good for you.
Congrats on your accomplishment. I can gladly say that it will never be mine. Good for you to continue working hard toward your goals. Good luck with the next one! Love ya - Aja
Hey girl how are you? Congrats on finishing that race...I am a wimp and can't even walk a mile! :-) Thx again so much for the lil blue seat thangy (I forgot what they're called!) I can't wait till Jett gets a bit bigger so he can sit in it...I've heard how awesome they are and we're counting down the days till we can try it out! Hope to hear from ya soon! :-)
Krystal! I didn't know you did a marathon! I know exactly what you mean on how great it feels to cross that finish line....I totally cried when I did it! Way to go, we should do one together!
Post a Comment